Faded Ribbon

My little pink Ribbon has faded a bit. Just some ramblings about dealing with stage 4 breast cancer

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A little history
While exploring the world of Blogs I have seen many expressing what life with breast cancer is like. My story differs only in that I have been living with it for a bit longer than most. I was originally diagnosed 8/99. After lumpectomy, chemo (cmf) and radiation, I was given a clean bill of health and was told that I had a 98% chance of never seeing cancer again. That was on 3/00. 4/01 I was diagnosed with mets to the sternum. It has since spread to my spine and sacrum . I have had chemo a total of 6 times, (the current course has been 15 months and still going), radiation 3 times.
So many people think that if the cancer comes back then its time to plan the funeral. I am here to say that is not the case. Life goes on. It might be different. Hell, in some ways it is better than ever!
Lots more to share, but will have to continue later.
Peace,
Lisa



1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Sunnyside said...

I am at a loss for words! For once!

But, I'll first say, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I really appreciate it.

Second, I kinda feel bad that I have been doing all this bitchin' and moaning over my whole total of 4 chemo sessions that I have received thus far after reading what you have already been through. Hats off to you lady. Literally:>) (We can do that too....most of us out here have to wear them these days).

I am glad to hear you haven't lost your hair. But I am sad to hear you have had such a heavy load put upon you.

Third, welcome to the blogging breast cancer community! I would like to add a link on my blog to yours, if that would be ok. Please let me know.

Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home