Faded Ribbon

My little pink Ribbon has faded a bit. Just some ramblings about dealing with stage 4 breast cancer

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Fumbling Along
Looked at my post from yesterday comparing it to others that I have seen and see that I have a long way to go.
Today is a not so great day. You would think that I could learn some simple, basic things, but no. I am doomed to repeat the same mistake over and over. For weeks I have been screaming from the rooftops how much better I have been feeling. The tumor on my back that was causing pain, sciatica, numbness... The one that made me use a cane, limp, and have difficulty sitting, standing, walking... It had stopped hurting!! So stupid me stopped taking my pain medicine. I am on a daily dose of time-release morphine. Enough that could do serious damage to those not dealing with cancer in the bones of the lower back. What I forget is that I take it daily to PREVENT the pain. It was working...
Oh well, other good news is its cooling off around here, dropping down to the mid 90's. I am on my break week with the chemo. The chemo is a pill, take it for 14 days, off for 7. Been at this one since 6/04. The last couple of days taking it I am exhausted, so I need this week off to rebound.
I started this blog to share my wisdom and positive attitude. When I find them again I will be sure to share:)
Peace,
Lisa

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger kevin said...

It is kinda funny how when you are not in pain you think that maybe I can cut back on the pain medicine, then "oh thats why I was taking it." My wife fought breast cancer for over 8 years before moving on. Several times during that time she tried to play Dr. and cut back on her medicine. A few times it worked but mostly it was "shit, now I have to get it under control again"

In all the times my wife (Susie) had cancer and cancer treatments she never ever quit living. And when she was having her good years between cancer, I believe with all my heart she lived better and made a difference in the world.

I think your attitude will make all the difference in the world to you and the people you know. Blessings to you kevin

easetheburden.com

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Sunnyside said...

You don't have to dig too far to come up with wisdom and positive attitude. They are both already in your posts.

Yes, indeed, pain and pain medication can be tricky! But don't feel bad, you are far from the first to make the mistake of trying the go without meds route because you are feeling better. It is actually a very natural reaction. After all, you are feeling better, why would you need the pain meds anymore? Makes sense to me. So much that I have done it too. And, like you, I found out that wasn't such a good idea! :>)

Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home